Last Saturday night I watched Oklahoma! while hanging out with my favorite little girls in the world. What a fantastic movie! While watching, I remembered that Curly, the main character, was one of my first crushes when I was a little girl. He was the perfect mixture of cockiness and eagerness, desperately trying to impress Laurey while still remaining masculine in the process. His cowboy swagger was intimidatingly enthralling and his voice melted my seven-year-old heart. I was convinced I was going to marry a man like Curly when I grew up. Other not-actually-real-people crushes from when I was younger? Scott Wormer from Now and Then and Ben from My Father the Hero,. Except the crush on Ben was really from my sophomore year of high school.
In other news, Laura Clark got a concussion from hitting her head on her BICYCLE when trying to put it in her car. Not as good as when her roommate got a concussion from hitting her head on her kindergartener's cubbies, but close enough.
And lastly, a bean burrito meal from Taco Time has a whopping 820 calories. Goodbye Taco Time. :(



No comments:
Post a Comment