I signed up to be a teacher for the following three reasons:
1. I love children.
2. I love learning.
3. SUMMERS OFF!
Thanks to this lovely economy, I had to give up my premium teaching job (read: best first graders EVER) for a second-best teaching job: preschool. My preschool continues during the summer.
Wait a sec.
(Those of you who have a year-round job, do not tell me I'm complaining. You can take a vacation whenever you want. I have three (THREE) personal days every year. Do you know how crowded Disneyland is in the summer?)
Granted, I've been a nanny during previous summers, but last summer I brought the kids to the gym, to happy hour, and left them at home for hours at a time because they were 14 and 15. One time we drove to the outlet malls because I wanted new shoes and completely forgot about soccer practice. Whoops.
So this summer, I've had my first real summer job. My days have consisted of filling up countless water bottles, bandaging countless owies, cutting up countless apples and bananas, and collecting countless, priceless memories.
*Most of the kids (who are 3, 4, and 5) can appropriately use the phrase "That's what she said."
*I drowned an ant hill and scarred 18 children for life. "YOU'RE MURDERING THEM!"
*My co-worker tricked me into eating a green pepper.
*I've fallen completely in love with a two-year-old named Jack. (Have you seen the South Park episode when the kindergarten teacher dates her student? Just curious.)
*I have only changed one diaper all summer. And when I was finished, the two-year-old told me, "Good job Miss Catlyn."
Thank you.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness a new post!! :) I can tell you love those kids!
Post a Comment