Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Top 5s (or so) of 2011

My favorite part of December (besides Christmas cookies, Christmas songs, Christmas lights, Christmas presents...) is reading thousands of "Top 10 Blah Blahs of the Year" lists. I'll scour the internet for the best movies, CDs, books, songs, celebrity break-ups...you name it, I'm reading it.

(In 2005, my college was featured in a "Worst of" list because someone created a Hot Girls ranking system and a bunch of ugly girls complained about it, so we made the national news. I digress.)

Because my opinion is so highly valued, I have created my own Top 5(ish) lists.

Top 7 TV Shows I Found on Netflix Instant
7. Survivors
6. Lie to Me
5. Parks and Recreation
4. Mad Men
3. The Tudors
2. Friday Night Lights
1. Battlestar Galactica

Let me tell you, it was really hard to pick a #1. I really struggled, because I never thought anything could be as good as Battlestar Galactica, but Friday Night Lights surprised me. I'm only in the middle of Season 1, and it's a good thing, or it could have overtaken my beloved BSG. Frak. 


Top 3 Reasons I Love Spotify
3. Music I would never buy, but will listen to for $10 a month (The Muppets soundtrack, Justin's Bieber's Christmas album (he is single-handedly ruining Christmas), and Kanye West)
2. Cheesy Christmas music I don't have to buy (but I DID buy Michael Buble's Christmas album...and you should too)
1. Every Glee song ever

Top 5 Books (but not for the Kindle, the jury's still out if I like that thing)
5. Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares/The Help - Kathryn Stockett
4. One Day - David Nicholls (Trust me on this.)
3. Cutting for Stone - Abraham Verghese
2. Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger
1. THE HUNGER GAMES (All three of them) - Suzanne Collins

My top anything from 2012 will be The Hunger Games movie.

Top 6 Visits to the Hospital in October and November
6 - 4. All the times I got an IV filled with toradol, my favorite thing in the world.
3. The time when they couldn't put the IV in...and then they infiltrated my vein...and then I had a bruise for a month.
2. The time I kept telling my dad I couldn't breathe and he kept shouting, "YES YOU CAN! If you're talking, you're breathing!!" and getting angry that I wouldn't get up and walk to the car while my kidneys tried to squeeze themselves into my ureters. I'm pretty sure that's what was causing all the pain.
1. The time I went in the aid car at 3am and my dad rode up front so he could talk about firefighter things with the firefighters. No no, I'm fine here in the back by myself.

Top 5 Celtic Thunder Moments
5. The moment I learned they were coming back to celebrate my birthday with me for the second year in a row.
4. Emmett's arms.
3. Storm, the delightfully tacky Celtic Thunder MUSICAL.
2. Their Greatest Hits CD. Which has 102 songs because ALL of their songs are great.
1. The second annual Catlyn's Birthday Concert. Props to Laura, my only friend who shares my love for the lads.


Top 3 Celebrity Crushes
3. Josh Groban
2. Zac Efron
1. Zach Gilford

I can't believe Zefron was overtaken, but seriously people. It's as if they took my dream man and turned him into a TV character named Matt Saracen. 


There you have it folks. Happy 2011. I'm going to go watch Friday Night Lights.

4 comments:

Abby said...

LOVE THIS!! So funny!

Grant, Amy, and Caleb said...

post some pics!!! miss you and love you!

Ma said...

You blogged! And I got a shout out! But I feel like I got two since you were so effusive about FNL and it is my all time fav. I laughed through the entire blog...and didn't know you're dad left you in the back of the aid car! Love love love you!

Amy said...

We love all the same books:)