Friday, March 5, 2010

WTF 2010??

First off, where did February go? Where did JANUARY go? I'm fairly positive we just had Christmas Break...and now we're almost at St. Patty's Day? Time flies when you're...partially employed.

2010 has brought some great events so far. Two friends have had babies. Two more announced their pregnancies. Matt Morris released quite possibly the best album of 2010, and it's only March. I went on my first shopping trip to Ikea. I got even better at Rockband (I know. You're surprised I even had room to improve). But 2010 has also brought some crazy events. I would like to present you with:

WTF 2010?! (so far)

Lost. I can't even begin to explain this season of Lost. Dead characters have returned. The plane "didn't" crash. Claire has gone nuts, as has Sayid. Sawyer has barely any screen time. Please let him end up with Kate. Not enough Ben! How will everything be solved by May? I'm going crazy with every episode and have already re-watched some of the episodes twice. 

And speaking of crazy television events...

The opening and closing Olympics ceremonies. After China won the gold medal to end all gold medals in Olympics ceremonies, we weren't expecting much from Canada. Because it's Canada. But seriously. To start off the amazing Olympics event, I stayed up until midnight to watch a flying kid, flying canoes, Riverdance, and a giant light-up polar bear. At least I think that's what it was. To top it off, the torch didn't light properly and Steve Nash is not much to look at. The closing ceremonies were even worse. I'm pretty sure Canada asked the United States to create a presentation making fun of Canada and then used all their ideas. Inflatable beavers and mooses (meece?)? Check. Mermaid maple leaves? Check. Giant hockey players from the 1950s? Check. NICKLEBACK AND AVRIL LAVIGNE? Noooooooooo, but check. They should have just asked the South Park guys to sing "Blame Canada" and called it a night.

But speaking of the Olympics...

Evan Lysacek. Are you gay? Are you straight? Will you and your lightning bolt tattoo marry me?

And speaking of semi-naked men...

Unknown hotties. 2010 has brought out a random assortment of attractive men that I never knew existed. I'll 
show you.
Yes, I know he's not necessarily from 2010, but I discovered him in 2010. Alexander Skarsgard, you are a way sexier vampire than RPatz (sorry Suze).
I didn't want to jump on this bandwagon, but you've got to admit that Sam Worthington is darling. Where did he come from? He was even cute as a blue alien thing!
Okay, so he technically isn't from 2010, but Colby Donaldson returned to television in 2010 on the new season of Survivor. Thank you CBS.

Stay tuned. I'm sure 2010 will bring us many more WTF moments. I'm going to Vegas in two weeks.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love that someone else is (or appears to be) as much of a LOST freak as me.